Valley Line LRT Construction – Trail Closure Louise McKinney Park and Henrietta Muir Edwards Park
Before construction on the 13.1-kilometre southeast leg of the Valley Line LRT can begin this spring, TransEd Partners must conduct preparatory work.
On or around April 18th, 2016, in support of the construction of the new Tawatina Bridge, construction of an access road, site preparation and removal of some facilities in the proximity of the River Valley trails in Louise McKinney Park and Henrietta Muir Edwards Park will take place.
To accommodate this work, the public may be impacted in the following areas:
• South trail of Louise McKinney Park, running past the River Valley Adventure Co.; parallel to the North Saskatchewan River, to the north entrance/exit of the Cloverdale Foot Bridge, and up the path leading to the Chinese Garden.
• Several staircases in Louise McKinney Park will be closed.
• The south access to the Cloverdale Bridge from 98th Avenue will be maintained at all times.
• As a part of this work a number of trees will be removed from Louise McKinney Park and Henrietta Muir Edwards Park. For further details please visit www.transedlrt.com.
• Traffic and pedestrian disruptions may vary, dependent on location.
• There will be noise associated with the work.
The work will take place between 7am-7pm. To ensure pedestrian and cyclist safety, trails will remain closed until approximately June 6, 2016. Further closures will be forthcoming and will be shared as the project continues.
For your safety, please stay away from the closed areas during construction.
For more information, please refer to the attached map or visit www.transedlrt.com.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE EISA OPEN HOUSE:
- Share information about adjustments to the Project Area in the North Saskatchewan River Valley, which have resulted in an update to the Environmental Impact Screening Assessment Report (EISA) and associated Site Location Study (SLS)
- Provide an opportunity for public input
- Identify issues and concerns
- Provide information on the process, including the non-statutory hearing to be held by City Council’s Transportation Committee
- Maintain transparency of the design and environmental assessment processes
View the EISA Display Boards for further information: